[ELDK] ELDK newbie, during driver compile missing hw_irq.h

Jason Wachholz jason.wachholz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 17:33:20 CET 2007

I have just recently installed ELDK 3.1.1 on a FEDORA 8 system.
I am trying to do a driver build from source and have run into an
error while compiling from the denx tree.

build include and problem file are located at:
/denx/arm/usr/src/linux/include/linux/irq.h

irq.h includes the file <asm/hw_irq.h> which does not exist anywhere
in the denx tree.
A comment in irq.h states
'Please do not include this file in generic code.  There is currently
no requirement for any architecture to implement anything held within
this file.  thanks --rmk"

Other include trees, such as fedora 8 and kernel.org v2.4.30 have
these files included.

I am either missing the files from the ELDK 3.1.1 install or, more
likely based on the comment, would like some guidance or some document
references which will allow me to begin the adjustments to the driver.
--
Jason Wachholz