[ELDK] Compiler Configuration

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 23 00:13:30 CET 2008

In message <7B8C821E108976489746D62B099CC39701139A43 at SACATOREXCH01.corp.sa.net> you wrote:

> After you run 'install' from the .iso image, you end up with a directory
> structure that is different from the standard gcc installation.  For
> typical gcc use, I expect to find subdirectories 'bin', 'include',
> 'lib', and 'libexec' all visible under a single directory location.
> With 'install' for the standard glibc setup, I've had to map these as
> follows using symlinks:

Don't do this. Instead, please read the documentation (i. e. the
README.html on the ISO image, or - even better - the DULG.

> Is there a simpler way to set this up that I may have overlooked?  Is
> this usage sound?

There is a much simpler way, whic is explained in the documetnation.
What you are doing is utterly wrong.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
What about WRITING it first and rationalizing it afterwords?  :-)
                       - Larry Wall in <8162 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>