[ELDK] MPC8270 board with 512MB

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 19 23:58:52 CEST 2008

In message <37fd39080806191416j1f01175bu2bf49b3b91cd3fe1 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I has a MPC8270 embedded board with 8 MT48LC64M8A2 chips (equal to 512MB
> SDRAM). The board currently running with Uboot 1.1.3, and currently Uboot
> only initialize 256MB SDRAM, it work fine so far.

Note that you are off topic here. This is the ELDK mailing list.
Please post U-Boot specific questions on the U-Boot mailing list
instead.

> I want to enable it to maximize the SDRAM on board to 512MB, the problem I
> face is after configurate the PSDMR, OR, BR, it just hang at relocate_code()
> where due to the MMU init config incorrect. Tried porting the 256MB version

Hm... we don't use the MMU in U-Boot on 82xx.

> uboot source code, I just make change to the require OR and PSDMR fields
> like SDAM, ROWST, BSMA, SDA10 only, other value like CL, PRETOACT left
> unchanged. Uboot boot until relocate_code() and then halted and I don't know
> what to do next time.

Read the FAQ?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The joys of love made her human and the  agonies  of  love  destroyed
her.
	-- Spock, "Requiem for Methuselah", stardate 5842.8