[ELDK] ELDK 4.2 nfsroot

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu May 8 15:50:54 CEST 2008

Hi Anthony,

> I am trying to get Linux 2.6.2 working on a MPC852T based

I am sure that is not 2.6.2, right?

> board. I've been using CONFIG_PPC_CPM_NEW_BINDING and have
> been successful in the console running on SCC4. I am now
> trying to get the FEC Ethernet controller running. I have
> configured it in the device tree.
>
> ethernet at e00 {
> 	device_type = "network";
> 	compatible = "fsl,pq1-fec-enet";
> 	reg = <e00 188>;
> 	local-mac-address = [ 00 10 6a 04 9d 72 ];
> 	interrupts = <3 1>;
> 	interrupt-parent = <&cpm_pic>;
> 	phy-handle = <&phy>;
> 	linux,network-index = <0>;
> };
>
> When I'm passing
> nfsaddrs=10.16.12.16:10.16.1.139::255.255.0.0::eth0 to the
> kernel but it isn't bringing up the interface.
>
> Is the interface called eth0 and/or how do I get it to bring
> up the interface?
>
> I'm finding the code reasonably easy to read so if someone
> can give me an idea where to start looking then that would
> be fantastic.

This mailing list deals with the ELDK toolchain and thus your question
is offtopic here.

I suggest you take the question to the general ppc related Linux mailing
list[1] and/or to the embedded ppc mailing list[2].

Cheers
  Detlev

[1] linux-ppcdev at ozlabs.org
[2] linux-ppcembedded at ozlabs.org

--
I will use free software even if it is less powerful, or less reliable,
because freedom is the most important thing, and that is what the Free