[ELDK] USB Host Controller for the MPC8270

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 28 10:43:44 CEST 2008

Dear Huub,

in message <BAY122-W565B52CDF78AC785A92E84DABC0 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

> I am in need of a USB Host Controller device for the MPC8270 for the 2.4 li
> nux kernel. On internet I found one, but this is only for version 2.6:

You probably want to post such reuests on the PPC (or the USB) mailin
lists instead. It's actually off topic as far as the ELDK is related.

> Therefor, I'm planning to backport this driver to 2.4. I would like to know

I think you should instead consider updating your kernel tree to a
current version (2.6.25 or later).

> 1. this is really feasible or not,

I have yet to see any USB driver code that works reliably on the
MPC82xx USB controllers. We always recommend our customers to use
external USB controllers if they need reliable operation...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"In matrimony, to hesitate is sometimes to be saved."        - Butler