[ELDK] Creating small target rootfs in DENX

Dave Rensberger David.Rensberger at ambientcorp.com
Wed May 28 20:25:03 CEST 2008

By the way, how was the root fs in the SELF package generated?   Were
the files just hand picked from the larger distribution, or is there
some sort of  process that does it?

It's too bad that there isn't a package with just the minimal set of
library objects that you need for a small distribution.   The
crosstool-targetcomponents-ppc_4xx-0.43-1.ppc.rpm contains the basic
libraries, but it give you way more than that... more than you would
want for a small target.   I'm surprised that this hasn't been
subdivided into smaller packages (is this something that was inherited
from Fedora?).   If there were an RPM that just contained the basic
glibc library, I think you could generate an acceptable target rootfs by
just generating your device files and installing a few RPMs.

--Dave