[ELDK] mkcramfs in ELDK-4.2 - PowerPC

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Oct 1 11:19:47 CEST 2008

Hi Stefano,

> It seems that mkcramfs in ELDK-4.2 (powerpc) has not anymore support to
> revert the endianess. As result, the generated image is always little
> endian and not compatible with PowerPC (that's why my target does not
> boot...)
> No problem at all with the mkcramfs delivered in ELDK-4.1. It seems that
> an older version of the utility is packaged now in 4.2. Does anyone seen
> the same problem ?

Yes, we are aware of the problem.  Actually upstream mkcramfs never had
the optin to switch endianness, so we used separate patches in ELDK
4.1.  These patches somehow got lost for ELDK 4.2, but we are currently
working with upstream for a new official release having all of our
patches in mainline code.

Using mkcramfs from ELDK 4.1 is a good workaround in the current
situation.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
The 82558 B-step and later generation devices do not maintain a link
in D3 if PME is disabled or if the device does not have power.