[ELDK] Problem with ping, telnet and ftp

Stefano Babic stefano.babic at babic.homelinux.org
Wed Oct 8 19:45:24 CEST 2008

Ana Cláudia wrote:
> Hy,
> I have 3 problens with my board.
> In this e-mail i explain my 3 problems with output from my board and from my linux machine.
> I also put 3 Notes, containing  the data of my board (u-boot, kernel, busybox, inetutils) and dmesg message when i turn on my board.
>
> Thanks for all support that you can give me.

It seems your problems are not strictly related to ELDK. You are using
very old versions, too.

> 1.1.1- Ping from my board using interface names (NOK)
>
> /root # ping localhost
> ping: localhost: Unknown server error
> /root # ping OLT7
> ping: OLT7: Unknown server error

Try with strace to check why ping returns an error.
Do you have put /etc/protocols and /etc/nsswitch.conf on your target ?

> 2nd- Telnet from my board to other machine works, but don't work from other machine to my board.
>           Why?

It seems inetd does not run. Do you see inetd with ps ?

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

--
stefano <stefano.babic at babic.homelinux.org>