[ELDK] pcap library and tcpdump in ELDK

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 20 22:23:40 CEST 2008

Dear Dave,

In message <B7BC4CB64CA090478F283BA589292737577C5C at abtg-mail.ambientcorp.com> you wrote:
> Yes, you're right, I missed that small but important detail.  I just
> assumed that "usr/ppc-linux/bin" was part of the PATH manipulation that
> "eldk_init" does (as an aside, though, is there any reason that
> eldk_init shouldn't be modified to do this for you?).

Yes, ther eis. Under normal circumstances, you do NOT want to have
such settings, as you then cannot compile any code for your native
system any more.

Consider this is as an efficient, but somewhat dirty trick to build
many packages that are not friendly to cross-environments with as
little effort as possible.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There are two ways to write error-free programs. Only the  third  one
works.