[ELDK] ELDK version Supporting Freescale MPC8572

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 21 20:57:04 CEST 2008

Dear Matheos Worku,

In message <48FDFF5A.5030601 at sun.com> you wrote:

> What eldk version should I use for a board based on Freescale MPC8275

I guess the MPC8275 here is just a typo and you really mean the MPC8572
as given in the subject? The MPC8275 is a PQ II processor, and
definitely not a dual-core one.

[But hey, who knows what Freescale defines that to mean - they also
call the MPC5121E a "dual core" system...]

> dual core processor? I see that ELDK 4.2 has ppc_85xxDP. Is that the
> version I need to use or ELDK 4.1 will do?

As far as I can tell, the MPC8572 has no real FPU but the same SPE v2
unit as used for example in the 8544/8548.  So  you  should  use  the
ppc_85xxDP packages.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
God may be subtle, but He isn't plain mean.         - Albert Einstein