[ELDK] pcap library and tcpdump in ELDK

Dave Rensberger David.Rensberger at ambientcorp.com
Thu Oct 30 14:50:11 CET 2008

I am basically maintaining a distribution (which has the DENX distro at
its core) for my company's product.  So my first goal is to provide the
functionality and packages that are necessary for the product.   I'll do
whatever is necessary to reach that goal (even if it means doing
something sort of nasty, like natively compiling a package on the target
machine), but I'd prefer to do it the "right" way whenever possible if
it doesn't involve a lot of extra work.

If I get the SRPM to cross compile, what would I need to provide you
guys with in order for you to roll it into the DENX distro?   Would the
SRPM itself be enough, or would you prefer to receive a patch to the
spec file in the base RPM?

What did you guys need to do for most of the packages in the DENX
distro?  Was it usually just a matter of modifying the .spec file, or is
there often more to it than that?

--Dave