[ELDK] Changing kernel in ELDK-4.2

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 2 13:38:40 CEST 2008

Dear Robert,

in message <7e63f56c0809020428x2e09bc68u7c53e9beb6be4beb at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> The question remaining is how I can rebuild some  ELDK package,
> where I tend to patch everything,  including  glibc, etc  core  packages.

If you really want to rebuild ELDK from scratch you are looking into a
bigger project ;-) Note that at the moment there are only two known to
be working build environments: RedHat Linux 7.3 and Fedora Core 5
(both with all available updates installed).

> The git-clone does not work for me with git::// schema, and where is
> the CD with  building  env and  tarballs  , etc.

What exactly doesn't work for you?

Note that you can also clone the git repositories using HTTP, i. e.
using http://...

Note 2 that in the web interface you will see "snapshot" links behind
all versions - clicking on these generates on the fly and starts a
download for a compressed tarball containing the respective version,
so you can always just do that.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Another dream that failed.  There's nothing sadder.
	-- Kirk, "This side of Paradise", stardate 3417.3