[ELDK] using other clocks with timer_create

Seimon Williams sw at Remsdaq.com
Tue Sep 23 10:25:09 CEST 2008

Hi,

We're using ELDK 4.0 on an arm9 based project and I'm having some trouble with the timer_create call.

I believe I need to use the CLOCK_MONOTONIC clock when I call timer_create so that the timer is not affected by a system time change as it is with CLOCK_REALTIME, but when I try to call timer_create I get EINVAL which indicates that the clock is not supported. I'm using kernel 2.6.15 and I thought that the Monotonic clock was supported.

So I looked deeper into the glibc-2.3.5 code from the ELDK Source CD, and noticed a million #ifdefs! I'm not too sure which bit is used and which isn't at the moment, but I think basically my question is if I rebuild glibc and somehow point it at my kernel code will I get the use of the monotonic clock? If so, can anyone give me some quick dummy pointers as to how to go about that - it scares me!

Thanks for your time,

Seimon

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail from your system. This e-mail has been scanned for malicious content but the internet is inherently insecure and Remsdaq Limited cannot accept any liability for the integrity of this message or its attachments. No employee of Remsdaq Limited or any Third Party is authorised to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of Remsdaq Limited by e-mail.

Company Address: Remsdaq Ltd., Parkway, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire, Wales, CH5 2NL.
Registered in England. Company Registration Number: 3417251