[ELDK] Discrepancy in Denx PowerPC termios.h header

Ryan_D_Phillips at Dell.com Ryan_D_Phillips at Dell.com
Fri Aug 14 22:56:50 CEST 2009

Hi All,

We are using the PowerPC 405 compiler in the 4.2 AMCC ELDK. There is a
discrepancy that we would like explained.

The {ELDK_ROOT}/ppc_4xx/usr/include/bits/termios.h includes

  #define NCCS 32

But in recent and old 2.6 kernels NCCS is defined as 19.

In addition, the c_line variable within the termios structure is located
below the c_cc[NCCS] variable within the kernel, but not in this glibc
header file.

It seems like the private glibc header file (bits/termios) is for a
completely different architecture. This came up with us trying to track
down a bug in our Busybox stty.c which was doing a memcmp on old and new
termios settings and failing.

Any explanation or help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ryan Phillips

Dell