[ELDK] FW: HOW TO crosscompile Wireshark for embedded linux on v5fxt ppc_44x??

H Aslam hassan-aslam at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 14 20:00:42 CET 2009

Ok..

Downloaded source files from wireshark.org and working in the folder!

yum install flex

yum install bison

export CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_4xx-

PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/usr/bin:/opt/eldk/bin

PATH=/opt/eldk/usr/ppc-linux/bin:$PATH

As I can see from the .spec file from libuser it looks like I have to do following:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${RUNTIME_PREFIX}/%{_targetpath}/%{_libdir}/pkgconfig

export GLIB_CFLAGS="-I${RUNTIME_PREFIX}/%{_targetpath}/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I${RUNTIME_PREFIX}/%{_targetpath}/%{_libdir}/glib-2.0/include/"

export GMODULE_CFLAGS=$GLIB_CFLAGS

export GOBJECT_CFLAGS=$GLIB_CFLAGS

Which I assume has to be typed as follows:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${RUNTIME_PREFIX}/opt/eldk/ppc_4xx/usr/lib/pkgconfig

export GLIB_CFLAGS="-I${RUNTIME_PREFIX}/opt/eldk/ppc_4xx/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I${RUNTIME_PREFIX}/opt/eldk/ppc_4xx/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include/"

export GMODULE_CFLAGS=$GLIB_CFLAGS

export GOBJECT_CFLAGS=$GLIB_CFLAGS

configure script is still giving the same error:

./configure --target=ppc-linux --host=ppc-linux --disable-wireshark --disable-editcap --disable-capinfos --disable-mergecap --disable-text2pcap --disable-idl2wrs --disable-dftest --disable-randpkt --disable-rawshark

checking for pkg-config... no
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... no
*** A new enough version of pkg-config was not found.
*** See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig/
configure: error: GLib2 distribution not found.

To be honest I'm really lost now! Do I have to install some native programs also?

> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 08:26:35 +0300
> From: vitb at kernel.crashing.org
> To: hassan-aslam at hotmail.com
> CC: eldk at lists.denx.de
> Subject: Re: [ELDK] HOW TO crosscompile Wireshark for embedded linux on v5fxt ppc_44x??
>
> В Fri, 13 Feb 2009 03:02:41 +0100
> H Aslam <hassan-aslam at hotmail.com> пишет:
>

> > Running fedora core 5 with denx eldk on my host.
> >
> > I'm trying to cross compile wireshark for my target a ppc_44x
> > (PowerPc440 - Avnet Virtex 5 FXT).I'm not sure what to do next. A BIT
> > LOST!
> >
> > I haven't quite understood why I was referred to section 3.7.2. in
> > the manual.
> > http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKRebuildingComponents#Section_3.7.2.
> >
> > But here is what I've done up till now..
> >
> > I have downloaded the source code from wireshark. And I have to run
> > the configure script so that I end up with only tshark.
> >
> > I work in the wireshark source directory and type the following
> > commands:
> >
> > export CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_4xx-
> >
> > PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/usr/bin:/opt/eldk/bin
> >
> > Then I need to install the following in order to configure wireshark:
> >
> > yum install bison
> >
> > yum install flex
> >
> > while running the configure script (to end up with tshark):
> >
> > ./configure --disable-wireshark --disable-editcap --disable-capinfos
> > --disable-mergecap --disable-text2pcap --disable-idl2wrs
> > --disable-dftest --disable-randpkt --disable-rawsharkI get the
> > following error:
> >
> > checking for pkg-config... no
> > checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... no
> > *** A new enough version of pkg-config was not found.
> > *** See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig/
> > configure: error: GLib2 distribution not found.
> >

> > I believe that I shouldn't do a "yum install glib2-devel" as it will
> > install a native version of glib2-devel. Which I guess I don't want
> > to do.
> >
> > Should ELDK have a cross-development version of pkg-config?
> >

> Yes and no. Recent version of ELDK has glib2, but iirc does not have
> any pkg-config magic per se, with proper flags set up where
> appropriate.
>
> > Is this a step in the right direction? Or does the cross compiling
> > part start before these steps?
> >
> > I have successfully cross compiled a helloworld.c file and run it on
> > the v5fxt!
> >
> > How do I set up a cross-building environment for a GLib-based
> > application such as TShark?
>
> I would suggest to have a look at existing srpm shipped with ELDK that
> needs glib2, such as libuser, and follow the way described in spec file.
>

> Thanks, Vitaly

What can you do with the new Windows Live? Find out