[ELDK] PPC 44x DMA controller

Dave Cogley dcogley at uslinc.com
Tue Jun 30 18:41:52 CEST 2009

The old "ppc" architecture in Linux used to support several useful
libraries that do not appear to have the functionality supported in the
newer "powerpc" branch.

I am looking for equivalent built in support of the PPC4xx DMA libraries
that used to be supported under "ppc/syslib"; ppc4xx_dma.c and
ppc_sgdma.c. The ELDK is currently using these libraries to support the
OTG USB controller on the Canyonlands board. These libraries however are
currently not built into the mainstream kernel as the should be.

I have already made the jump to mainstream Linux in my design and am
running with 2.6.30. I was offering to port said libraries into a
standard Linux format supporting the PPC4xx arch. In the interim I was
able to compile the support directly into my device driver and
everything appears to work with the exception of dma_alloc_coherant
which is causing a kernel oops.

Dave Cogley
`