[ELDK] Building ELDK 4.2 for MIPS

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 10 19:48:46 CET 2009

Dear Gianni,

In message <200903101202.03299.nasus.maximos at gmail.com> you wrote:

> I'm trying to compile the ELDK 4.2 for MIPS for a while now and I've hit a
> brick wall when trying to compile the crosstoool package.

We did not try this yet, so it's not a big surprise you run into
issues.

Which Linux distribution do you run on your build host? Remember that
the reference platform is Red Hat 7.3 (see the  "ELDK  Release  Build
Environment"  Application  Note  [1]), and Fedora Core 5 should work,
too.

> checking for ld --version-script... no
> *** WARNING: You should not compile GNU libc without versioning. Not using
> *** versioning will introduce incompatibilities so that old binaries
> *** will not run anymore.
> *** For versioning you need recent binutils (binutils-2.8.1.0.23 or newer).

So which binutils package is installed on your build host?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You can love it, change it, or leave it.    There is NO other option.
But do not complain - it is your own choice...                  -- wd