[ELDK] Problem installing eldk 4.1 arm

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 27 15:59:46 CET 2009

Dear Gerhard,

In message <49CCE4CF.4010701 at ems-wuensche.com> you wrote:

> I've downloaded and tried it, but I got even more trouble.
> Besides the known "Disabling installation script message", I
> got: "error: can't create transaction lock on /". Nothing
> changes if I execute install as root.

Hm. This is really strange. Seems to be one of the not so infrequent
SuSE-quirks ... This may be a stupid thing, like a tool or a library
missing, or heaven knows what.

Please try running the installer under control of the "linux32"
program, i. e. instead of

	./install -v -d /home/eldk/usr/ arm

please write

	linux32 ./install -v -d /home/eldk/usr/ arm

If this doesn't help, then please re-run the strace:

> eldk at mingus:/mnt> strace ./install -v -d /home/eldk/usr/ arm

but please as follows:

	strace -f -o /tmp/log ./install -v -d /home/eldk/usr/ arm

Then gzip the /tmp/log file and send it to me (as a private mail, no
need to flood the list with that).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"If God had wanted us to use the metric system, Jesus would have  had
10 apostles."