[ELDK] tslib build doesnt produce shared libs

Stefano Babic stefano.babic at babic.homelinux.org
Mon Oct 19 13:45:14 CEST 2009

Reinhard Thies wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to cross compile tslib for ppc_6xx using ELDK 4.2.
> Everthing went fine so far, but there are no shared libs .so under lib/ts
> after make and make install.
>
> Has anyone done it before ?
> Any help is apreciated.

Hello,

tslib can be compiled without problems with ELDK 4.2, I did it in the
past for ppc_6xx and for arm. The switch --enable-shared should not be
needed in the configure script (I never used it) and it is better to
enable only the plugins you require in your application.

In most cases, the best thing is to enable the "input" (linux input
event) plugin. After compiling, you will get the following list of
shared objects:

./src/.libs/libts.so
./plugins/.libs/input.so
./plugins/.libs/pthres.so
./plugins/.libs/mk712.so
./plugins/.libs/arctic2.so
./plugins/.libs/corgi.so
./plugins/.libs/variance.so
./plugins/.libs/dejitter.so
./plugins/.libs/linear.so
./plugins/.libs/linear_h2200.so
./plugins/.libs/h3600.so
./plugins/.libs/ucb1x00.so
./plugins/.libs/collie.so

Do not forget to enable the required plugin in <install_dir>/etc/ts.conf

Regards,
Stefano Babic

--
stefano <stefano.babic at babic.homelinux.org>