[ELDK] rpmbuild for ppc_6xx

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Sep 7 12:41:36 CEST 2009

Dear arun sharma,

In message <bb70857e0909070306s17cb4f74x55972b0fdd55f9d6 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I want to make rpm for ppc_6xx arch.
>
> I am using regular rpmbuild with my specs and build for target=ppc.

This is not supported.

> i am able to make rpm file.
> in case of installation on target board. it ask for some dependencies.

It should complain about architecture mismatch.

> if the rpm installed with --nodeps but you cant remove the rpm.
>
> if i use ppc_6xx-rpm to make the rpm with my spec file it ask for
> _runtimeprefix macro
> even it is defines in ~/.eldk_rpmmacros.

Can you please peorivde the exact details, like exact commands you are
suing, complete content of your ~/.eldk_rpmmacros file, and the output
you get?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The more data I punch in this card,  the lighter it becomes, and the
lower the mailing cost."
                     - Stan Kelly-Bootle, "The Devil's DP Dictionary"