[ELDK] Problem in Execution of the Cross Compiled Binary.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 9 14:29:28 CEST 2009

Dear Balu V,

In message <916b8fbd0909090509qf35d484h4a20ca64f89b6dc at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have installed ELDK in my PC and i wanted to cross compile and build
> images for the 83xx power pc board. A sample hello world program was written
> and cross compiled
> to generate the image for the board. When the image was executed it was
> found that it resulted in Segmentation fault. Then the image was built by
> adding the static library
> option and then executed which resulted in successful execution. This seems
> to be the mismatch in the GNU C library versions of the Board and the ELDK.

Why don't you use the ELDK provided libraries on your board?

> The GNU C Library Version of the board is glibc- 2.3.6 and the ELDK
> installed Version is 4.2  and ppc_6xx Build 2008-04-01. Kindly let me know
> the GNU C Library Version

ELDK 4.2 uses glibc 2.6

> used in the ELDK 4.2 Version. So that the board can be customed to the same
> version of the ELDK C library version. Also it will enable the compilation
> of the code with out
> the linking the library statically.

You should use the ELDK libraries consistently on your target root
filesystem. Don't try to mix with other, older libraries - this is
asking for trouble.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.