[ELDK] GDB hangs on PPC405

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Apr 13 22:53:54 CEST 2010

Dear Philippe,

In message <76AAA44CB343D848919D13DE5B684A880144C986 at BORDEAUX.ireq.ca> you wrote:

> I did a clean install of ELDK and nfs mounted the ELDK vanilla root file
> system. Then, I tried exactly the same thing on my platform and it still
> crashes:
> I saw via the JTAG debugger (Xilinx XMD) that my CPU has stopped just
> after the "run" command. Could it have something to do with this
> particular architecture PPC405 on the ML403? Also, by looking at the PC
> register I can conclude that it always hangs at the same address.

Then check which code this address corresponds to (check the kernel's
System.map file) and inspect the related code. You probably want to
follow the hints in at Application Note you quoted. And contact those
who provided you the kernel sources.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Cleverness and Style have no place in getting a project completed.
                                                  -- Tom Christiansen