[ELDK] ELDK 4.2 on Ubuntu 9.04

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Mar 17 17:39:18 CET 2010

Hi Youssef,

> I'm not familiar with RPM, so I try to follow the tutorial, I find an ISO
> image ppc-2008-04-01-src.iso in
> http://ftp.denx.de/pub/eldk/4.2/ppc-linux-x86/iso/ I'm downloading it now,
> so in the command ${CROSS_COMPILE}rpm -i
> /mnt/cdrom/SRPMS/<source_rpm_file_name>.src.rpm found in
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKRebuildingComponents what's the
> <source_rpm_file_name>?

What exactly are you trying to do?  The manual shows how to rebuild a
single package without using a specific example.  Also this part of the
manual is optional.  If you only want to work with the ELDK, you do not
need to rebuild any package at all.

If you do want to rebuild a package, then you substitute the name of the
specific package for "<source_rpm_file_name>".

Honestly, I do not see how I could explain this any better.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Choosing which tool to use is a problem for most users. Therefore
when one tool came along that did everything Perl (Ugly) it took over.