[ELDK] armVFP toolchain on omap3530

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 31 19:53:41 CEST 2010

Dear Matteo Facchinetti,

In message <4BB3846A.2000408 at sirius-es.it> you wrote:

> Is possible to use ELDK armVFP toolchain to compile on TI OMAP3530?

Yes, of course this is possible.

> -march=armv6 -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=softfp
> instead of
> -march=armv7a -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard
> because I did't find it in armVFP.

-mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=softfp are default options with ELDK for armVFP
so that 1) ther eis no need to manually specify these and 2) there is
potential for trouble when using differeng options as these may or may
not be compatible to how the libraries were built.

I recommend to omit such otions completely and just use the default
settings.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A day without sunshine is like night.