[ELDK] reset command eventually produces "Bad Magic Number"

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Tue Nov 23 18:31:05 CET 2010

On 11/23/2010 05:36 PM, Snyder, James (jsnyde07) wrote:
> Hello,

Hello,

> U-Boot 1.1.6 (Aug 25 2010 - 16:37:50)
>
> CPU:   AMCC PowerPC 440EPx Rev. A at 533.333 MHz (PLB=133, OPB=66,
> EBC=66 MHz)
>        Security/Kasumi support
>        I2C boot EEPROM enabled
>        Bootstrap Option G - Boot ROM Location I2C (Addr 0x54)
>        32 kB I-Cache 32 kB D-Cache

I am wondering if a so old u-boot is able to boot a kernel with the
device tree. I am unsure, but I think that FDT support was added in a
later version. You should update u-boot, or try generating cuImage.dtb
instead of uImage. Really it should be better to update U-Boot...

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de