[ELDK] make canyonlands_config

Anatolij Gustschin agust at denx.de
Tue Nov 23 22:29:39 CET 2010

Hello Jim,

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 15:38:17 -0500
"Snyder, James (jsnyde07)" <jsnyde07 at harris.com> wrote:

> Hello Anatolij,
>
> No I did not make a backup of the old u-boot.
>
> We have a couple of other embedded planet boards around that I could
> (hopefully) get one of their uboot images.
>
> However, can you tell me more about the JTAG debugger: I'm not able to
> go to the Abatron site referenced in
>
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/publish/DULG/DULG-canyonlands.pdf

The link in the PDF file seem to be outdated. Try to find more
about BDI JTAG debuggers on the Abatron's BDI-Family product site:

http://www.abatron.ch/products/bdi-family.html

From the previous email I see that you have an EP440xS board.
You should have mentioned this in the first mail of this thread.
It was not obvious for me that you intend to use an U-Boot image
built for canyounlands board on your board. Your EP440xS board is
based on 440EPx processor, but canyonlands board is based on a
different processor family 460EX. You can not use an U-Boot image
built for canounlands board on your board since it is different
processor family.

Best regards,
Anatolij

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de