[ELDK] mmap: first byte always wrong

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Fri Nov 26 07:28:11 CET 2010

On 11/26/2010 12:42 AM, Alberto Caballero wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have updated my kernel configuration, and now, during the initialization,
> the CFI Flash memory is recognized and some partitions are done, althoug I
> am still unable to run my code.
>
> Which kernel options do I have to set up and which ones not?

Well, this is hard to answer. It depends on your hardware, which feature
you need in your project, an so on.

By the way, why are you attempting to access to the flash without using
the MTD subsystem ? You can open the /dev/mtd* file, depending on the
partition you want to read, and you do not need to mmap() the flash. You
could easy test if your flash is correctly read with usual linux tool,
for example:

	dd if=/dev/mtd0 | hexdump -C | head -10

Best regards,
Stefano Babic