[ELDK] mmap: first byte always wrong

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Nov 27 21:38:31 CET 2010

Dear Alberto Caballero,

In message <AANLkTimQ-AghQKHUymYvtv2FAH7XjcrS02a_-kfLnREb at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am trying to read the Flash using the predefined MTD partitions. Although
> my board it is not the Sequoia one, the Memory Map for the NOR Flash memory
> is the same.
> If I try the provided command "dd if=/dev/mtd1 | hexdump -C"I get a kernel
> panic error, so this mtd1 device is not correct.

Even if you try to ignore it, I'm afraid you will have to finally
face the naked facts: your board _is_not_ a Sequoia board, and trying
to run code specific to Sequoia simply _does_not_work_.

You need a port of Linux TO YOUR HARDWARE.  You CANNOT run an
arbitrary other port, even if the boards seem "similar" to you.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Our business is run on trust.  We trust you will pay in advance.