[ELDK] MPC5200 FEC Network Adapter is not initialized

Stefan Strobl nst at gersys.de
Mon Nov 29 16:08:54 CET 2010

Hi

On 11/26/2010 02:42 PM, Peter Kuennemann at itb wrote:
> Hello,
> i have successfully got a lite5200b board up and running with
> uBoot and linux kernel 2.6.35.7 including JFFS and squashfs
> file systems in flash. It boots with no problem but I am unable
> to use the network adapter (FEC ETHERNET) from within linux.
>
> If I initialize the NIC from uBoot by issuing a NTP command prior
> to the bootm, the network adapter is working.

I had this problem too. In my case the problem was caused by an
incorrect port multiplex configuration in U-Boot, see
CONIFG_SYS_GPS_PORT_CONFIG (I use 0x xxx5xxxx, which corresponds to
10/100Mbit Eth with MD).

When running any network command under U-Boot the function eth_init() is
called which sets the port conifg correctly.

Regards,
Stefan.