[ELDK] Using FTDI USB serial converter with ELDK

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Oct 1 14:20:19 CEST 2010

Hi Alberto,

> I checked yesterday my kernel configuration and after enabling the USB 1.1 and
> USB 2.0 support, and also enabling the generic USB serial converter driver and
> the FTDI driver, it seems to be working fine. I managed with provided linux
> kernel (2.6.14), not with an updated one.

Excellent.  It's only that I want to remind you that if you plan to turn
this into a product, you should _really_ considering to upgrade to a
more recent kernel.  Especially in the USB subsystem, there have been
lots of changes.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
The structure of a system reflects the structure of the organization
that built it.