[ELDK] Linux hangs

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Sep 29 10:09:08 CEST 2010

Hi Jacob,

On Wednesday 29 September 2010 00:51:03 Gorelik, Jacob (335F) wrote:
> I've been trying to port linux to a PPC440GP based board. I am using
> ebony's files as a starting point. However, linux hangs after the image is
> decompressed. I get a different log after the first try, and the same logs
> after that. It seems like the kernel gets confused. Here is the __log_buf
> and my dts file.

This question is not really ELDK related, so you should move this thread to
linuxppc-dev instead.

Quick answer nevertheless:

Did you create a Linux image with your "ibm,starter440" board support? Take a
look at:

arch/powerpc/platforms/44x/ppc44x_simple.c

If this board is not added here (or in a new platform file thats compiled in)
this could result in such an error as seen right now.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de