[ELDK] ELDK 4.2 cross complie ppc_4xxFP is not working for lmbench

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 29 21:45:18 CEST 2011

Dear cvenkat9 at rockwellcollins.com,

In message <OF182FA775.FE0248FA-ON862578FB.004F807C-862578FB.0052167A at rockwellcollins.com> you wrote:

> post this i tried to complie lmbench  by  changing  make file CC path to
> "ppc_4xxFP"  and
> cd lmbench-3.0-a9/src
> make CC=ppc_4xxFP-gcc  TARGET=linux
> but is throwed below error; so do i need to chnage any more things inorder
> to see cross complie to work?
> please guide me.
>

> make[2]: Entering directory `/usb/TOOLS/benchmark/lmbench3/src'
> O -DSYS5 -Dvalloc=malloc -DS_IFIFO=S_IFFIFO   -c lib_tcp.c -o
> ../bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib_tcp.o
> make[2]: O: Command not found

As you can see from the error messages, make tries to execute a
command named "O" - this is definitely wrong and most probably the
result of you editing the Makefiles in an inappropriate way.  Since we
don't know what exactly you changed we cannot even guess.

Also please note that lmbench is not supposed to be cross compiled -
you are rather supposed to run it on the target system.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
miracle:  an  extremely  outstanding  or  unusual  event,  thing,  or
accomplishment.                                - Webster's Dictionary