[ELDK] ELDK 5.1 released

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 16 14:28:23 CET 2011

Dear Stefano Babic,

In message <4EEB03FE.3040702 at denx.de> you wrote:

> I get the install.sh fro the ISOs, but it is the same as the version
> stored locally or on the FTP server. The script works without problems,
> the really minor issue is due to the help output that confuses the user:
>
> # /mnt/loop/install.sh -h
>
> Usage: install.sh [-D] [-d <dir>] [-a <arch>] [-s <sdk_img> ] [-r
> <rfs_img> ] [<target>]
>        install.sh -l [<target>]
>        install.sh -h
> -D: Dry-run: display commands, but don't actually execute them.
> -a: SDK host architecture Chose one of 'i686' or 'x86_64".
>     Defaults to "i686".
>
> The helps tells the user to pass the SDK host parameter, but "-a" does
> not exist in the script (while getopts "Dd:hlr:s:" at line 149) and it
> is not needed, because the script finds yourself the host system with
> uname.

Ah, now I see it.

This is a real bug, though.  The intention is that you are able to
select which host architecture's packages you are goinf to install.
The problem just does not show up yet as we only provide i686 images
(which also work fine on x86_64 hosts).

But I should fix this (and then probably also test it :-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
All men should freely use those seven words which have the  power  to
make any marriage run smoothly: You know dear, you may be right.