[ELDK] Regarding USB: DWC OTG for Canyonlands

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 31 08:11:26 CET 2011

Dear sunny bhayani,

In message <AANLkTimWJomy7s5jCWrySryqX90_ZQMNM7vYBWbAmFZk at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am compiling linux kernel 2.6.30 Denx Stable Release for Canyonlands Board
> having PPC460EX.
>
> Now the issue is I am selecting the "USB Gadget" feature from the kernel
> menuconfig, but the kernel log only shows,
>
> dwc_otg: version 2.60a 22-NOV-2006
>

> The probe() function in "drivers/usb/gadged/dwc_otg/dwc_otg_driver.c" is not
> getting called. So I am not getting the following kernel boot messages:
>
> dwc_otg: Shared Tx FIFO mode
> dwc_otg: Using Slave mode
> dwc_otg dwc_otg.0: DWC OTG Controller
> dwc_otg dwc_otg.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
> dwc_otg dwc_otg.0: irq 28, io mem 0x00000000
> dwc_otg: dwc_otg_core_host_init: Unable to clear halt on channel 1
> dwc_otg: Init: Port Power? op_state=4
>

> Can you please let me know, what might be the problem.

You are using very old code.  The DWG USB drivers in that old code may
be incomplete / inoperational.  For the Canyonlands board you should
use Linux Kernel version 2.6.32.7 (Git Commit ID 08eba26 from our
linux-2.6-denx repo); see also the ready-to-use images at
ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/linux/images/appliedmicro/canyonlands/

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by  at  least
one instruction - from which, by induction, one can deduce that every
program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work.