[ELDK] ELDK issue with Valgrind........

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun May 8 22:37:42 CEST 2011

Dear Michael Steiger,

In message <4DC6F8B6.50205 at infoworks.at> you wrote:

> Sorry, just a typo.
> glib2-debuginfo ist available
> The mentioned glibc-debuginfo ist not available.

I'll check if we have a backup copy from that old build.
Will do tomorrow when I get to the office.

> >> I am not able to rebuild ELDK to create a new glibc (including debuginfo).
> >
> > Why not? What exactly is the problem?
> My misunderstanding that I thought Fedora 7 is necessary to do that.
> But after rereading the chapter about rebuilding components I now know
> that I should only use the normale ELDK environment.
> Will try to do that if I can not find the correct file.

Well, glibc is a special beast, and it might not go as easy as you
expect.  In the end, a full rebuild is probably easier.

Please see also see the application note:
http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/AN2009_02_EldkReleaseBuildEnvironment

> Then please tell me the exact path of the glibc-debuginfo which contains
> the ld.so debuginfo file.
> I was assuming that this debuginfo file must be available because of the
> statement about that mirror which does not exist anymore.

I don't see any information that glibc-debuginfo ever existed on any
of the mirrors.  If you follow the thread, the OP confirmed that he
rebuilt the whole ELDK from scratch.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The heart is not a logical organ.
	-- Dr. Janet Wallace, "The Deadly Years", stardate 3479.4