[ELDK] 4.2 vs 5.x

Michael Steiger mslists at infoworks.at
Fri Nov 16 14:25:18 CET 2012

Hi Wolfgang,
I have a question regarding the use of ELDK 5.x.

On 16.11.2012 13:46 Wolfgang Denk said the following:
> Why exactly would you want to use the nearly 5 year old ELDK 4.2, when
> recent versions such as 5.2.1 have this working out of the box?

I still use a hardware device containing a ppc85xx board which is
preloaded by the supplier with a 2.6.24 ELDK 4.2 based Linux.

Shall/Can I use ELDK 5.x to generate binaries for this platform?
I have not looked at the newer ELDK versions but I assume that they use
newer libraries which are not compatible with this old system.

Correct?

Thanks and regards,
Michael