[ELDK] Ubuntu 12.04.1 and ELDK 4.0

Kalle Pokki kallepokki at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 09:17:54 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have had similar issues with ELDK and the recent Ubuntu release (64-bit)
as reported here in August. Cpp seems to drop the "usr" part from the
header search path, thus not finding any of the headers, if ELDK is
installed in "/opt/eldk/4.0". Strangely, this works if ELDK is installed in
"/opt/eldk". However, ld is still unable to find ld.so.1 in either
installation place.

Has anyone come up with a workaround to this? I know ELDK 4.0 is already
somewhat aged, but it has worked flawlessly so far and we haven't had any
real reason to upgrade yet. Does ELDK 5.2.1 work fine with Ubuntu?

Regards,
Kalle Pokki