[ELDK] cannot find -lgcc

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 17 09:00:55 CET 2013

Dear Andika Gunawan,

In message <CAPijX0AMniJcNQRGaJuvOriB2_f1N_Tc-ak8JaqJ9p_Rxgk9eQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> >    i've just installed eldk-switch on my development host, but it seems
> that eldk-switch didn't find or recognize my eldk instalation
>    the statement "eldk-switch -l" says that i don't have any ELDK
> instalation..
>    i'm using ELDK5.3 but didnt install it in the default location
> (/TA/ELDK5.3/...)

Indeed eldk-switch searches only in locations known to t.  If you
chose other installation directories, you wil need to adapt
eldk-switch by replacing the existing "/opt/eldk-" strings with your
directory names, resp. by adding your names.  Check following
locations in the code:

bash-completion:    for i in /opt/eldk-* ; do
bash-completion:        echo $i | sed 's|/opt/eldk-||'
eldk-switch.sh: eldk_prefix=/opt/eldk-

>    i've installed it on a new development host, It works fine for eldk5.3
> (in the default location), eldk-switch and at91 u-boot
>    no error statement.

In my tests it also works when using other installation directories,
and even without eldk-switch.  example run:

-> ./install.sh -d /work/wd/ELDK-TEST/5.3 -s gmae -r "basic lsb-sdk sato-sdk" armv4t
*** Installing ./targets/armv4t/eldk-eglibc-i686-arm-toolchain-gmae-5.3.sh
    into /work/wd/ELDK-TEST/5.3/armv4t
-> cd /home/wd/git/u-boot/work
-> git describe
v2013.01
-> . /work/wd/ELDK-TEST/5.3/armv4t/environment-setup-armv4t-linux-gnueabi
-> unset LDFLAGS
-> type ${CROSS_COMPILE}gcc
arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc is /work/wd/ELDK-TEST/5.3/armv4t/sysroots/i686-eldk-linux/usr/bin/armv4t-linux-gnueabi/arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc
-> ./MAKEALL at91rm9200ek
Configuring for at91rm9200ek board...
 203923    5436  297844  507203   7bd43 ./u-boot

Boards compiled: 1

I think you must have mixed tools from different environments or such.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Who is the oldest inhabitant of this village?"
"We haven't got one; we had one, but he died three weeks ago."