[ELDK] eldk-switch.sh has no effect

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 5 15:27:33 CEST 2013

Dear Maik,

In message <6B37B399D1D6114496906FF69514C614337AAE at aero-mail.aerodata.de> you wrote:

> To me it looks as if it trys to set the environments as it should.

No, it does not.  It prints the commands that should be executed, this
is wrong.

> root at ad-rts-devel:~# type eldk-switch
> eldk-switch is a function
> eldk-switch ()
> {
>     eval 'eldk-switch.sh $*'
> }

And here is your bug: You must use the backticks "`" instead of
apostrophes "'" here.  Make this:

eldk-switch ()
{
	eval `eldk-switch.sh $*`
}

Alternatively, write it as:

eldk-switch ()
{
	eval $(eldk-switch.sh $*)
}

> root at ad-rts-devel:~# sh -x eldk-switch-q
> sh: 0: Can't open eldk-switch
>
> The last message looks like a problem. . . .

Yes, because you did not do what I asked for:

>         $ sh -x eldk-switch -q

BTW: Please, stop top posting / full quoting!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The only way you could make a happy  marriage  is  by  cuttin'  their
heads  off  as  soon  as  they say `I do', yes? You can't make happi-
ness...                           - Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_