[ELDK] U-Boot compile with error

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Nov 3 11:43:50 CET 2014

Hi Ludo,

> After your response I tried exactly the same as you using:
>
> eldk-switch -m -r 5.5 armv7a
>
> It gives:
>
> eldk-switch.sh: ELDK 5.5 for armv7a is not installed!
>
> and
>
> eldk-switch -l
>
> gives:
>
> +--- Installed ELDK versions:

eldk-switch has a hardcoded

  eldk_prefix=/opt/eldk-

(see [1]) ad will therefore not be able to find installations in
different prefixes.

> I think there is a problem with the installation of the ELDK. I
> installed the ELDK in an other path as /opt/eldk5.5
>
> Do you think this may be the reason of the compiler (linker) issue?

I heard reports of such problems.  It should be easy to test this
hypothesis with a symlink or a fresh install below /opt/eldk.

Best wishes
  Detlev

[1] http://git.denx.de/?p=eldk-switch.git;a=blob;f=eldk-switch.sh;h=dcdc1939cd57037671483f5c885e32928895ed5e;hb=c6ef8a418b7b09a8b6fdb4d5bfa51f9da200848a
             -- Pablo Picasso