[ELDK] eldk-5.5.2 issues

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 24 12:02:21 CEST 2014

Dear Pavel Machek,

In message <20141023145122.GA10650 at amd> you wrote:

> Eldk-5.5 seems to miscompile u-boot on altera socfpga (arm board), so
> I tried updating to eldk-5.5.2... but I ran into problems compiling
> u-boot-mkimage.

The compilers used in ELDK V5.5 and v5.5.x (and even v5.6) have known
issues at least on the PowerPC and ARM architectures;  the ARM kernel
might even blacklist it, see [1].

So I doubt your problems will go away when moving from ELDK v5.5 to
v5.5.2; if you cannot fall back to ELDK v5.4 (gcc 4.7.2) you will have
to wait for ELDk v5.7 (gcc 4.9.1).

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/10/10/272

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When properly administered, vacations do not  diminish  productivity:
for every week you're away and get nothing done, there's another when
your boss is away and you get twice as much done.  -- Daniel B. Luten