[ELDK] What's loaded in the FPGA on an MCVEVK ?

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Wed Nov 18 10:54:51 CET 2015

On Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 10:26:55 AM, Nick Leverton wrote:

Hi Nick,

> I'm trying to understand what is loaded in the FPGA on the MCVEVK as it
> comes out-of-the-box.  It doesn't seem to be documented what if any
> functionality this provides to my evaluation kit.

Nothing is loaded into the FPGA, but you can obtain all of the sample projects
for MCV from https://gitlab.denx.de/marex/mcvevk.git .

> I think that something must be loaded into it because
> /sys/class/fpga/fpga0/status returns "user mode" but what, and at which of
> the several boot stages is it loaded and where from, and where does it fit
> into ELDK and the RFS image generation ?
>
> Hope someone can clarify this,

The FPGA is unprogrammed, you need to load it with a RBF file from U-Boot using
the "fpga" command or using /dev/fpga* interface from Linux. You can also use
the USB blaster and load the FPGA from Quartus programmer.

btw feel free to poke me directly if you have further questions.

Best regards,
Marek Vasut