[U-Boot-Custodians] Branches other than "master" ?

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Sep 23 15:33:26 UTC 2019

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 11:39:51AM -0400, Tom Rini wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> While thinking about making use of the "next" branch of the main tree
> more often, and perhaps similar to how linux-next is used, I was looking
> at http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/CustodianGitTrees again.  This talks
> about both "next" and "testing" branches.  Does anyone make use of
> "next" or "testing" branches today?  If so, are they rebased, or not?  I
> want to make sure that if I make any changes to a top-level branch name
> policy it's consistent throughout and won't cause problems.  Thanks!

Getting back to this, as all of the feedback was that indeed no one uses
"next" in such a way that it would disallow rebasing, I've updated the
wiki page to not that it can and will be rebased and so must not be
relied on for stable history.  I'll also note this clarification in the
next release email and v2019.10 as well.  Thanks all!

--
Tom