[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: Driver for the Epson SED13806 graphic controler

Pierre AUBERT p.aubert at staubli.com
Mon Nov 25 08:24:41 CET 2002

Hello Wolfgang

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Dear Pierre,
>
> in message <3DDBCE60.E0021D2C at staubli.com> you wrote:
> >
> > Please find attached a patch that add support for the Epson SED13806
> > graphic controller. This controller
>
> Added, thanks.
>
> > is used on the Embedded Planet ECCX daughter board. Please see the
> > RPXClassic.h file for the details
> > of the configuration.
>
> Is there any reason so this driver is restricted  to  the  RPXClassic
> board?  Should  we  not  move  the driver into the drivers/ directory
> instead?

The
The RPXClassic specific part of the driver (init of ECCX board registers,
config of the screen attached to the
board) is in the RPXClassic directory. The generic part of the driver
(handling of the Epson controller) is in the
drivers/sed13806.c file. This driver isn't restricted to te RPXClassic
board, I use it for a custom board.

> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk
>
> --
> Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux
> Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
> If in any problem you find yourself doing an immense amount of  work,
> the answer can be obtained by simple inspection.

Best regards