[U-Boot-Users] u-boot ...bootup warning bad crc

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Apr 8 09:27:00 CEST 2003

In message <002b01c2fda0$69bd3f00$a606a8c0 at siddharth> you wrote:

> thanx all for ur kind help...the problem was neither due to Memory
> Mapping nor CRC check...
> I tried the same old routine method of debugging, which is the best...
> puts( )..
> It was all due to the assignment statement in devices_init( ) in
> devices.c
> "gd->flags |= ".....
> which is declared using DECLARE_GLOBAL_DATA_PTR in asm/global_data.h

Please understand that this assignment is perfectly  fine  and  works
without a problem on some 100+ other boards.

> Well as of now i have commented that, and my board seems to boot fine...

The important word here is "seems".

> But while loading Linux....phew!!! Have a look below...

Please undo the change you made, go back one step and look  foir  the
_real_ cause of your problem.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The number you have dialed is imaginary. Please divide by 0  and  try
again.