[U-Boot-Users] I will be crazy, Please HELP

Zhao Hongda zhaohd at vis.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn
Wed Apr 9 20:10:48 CEST 2003

> I think the problem may be the same as the problem I had previously.
>
> You need to locate the bd_info structure in
u-boot/include/asm-arm/u-boot.h

> Make sure that this is compatible with your Linux kernel bd_info structure
> which will be in a file like <kernel root>/include/asm/<bord header
file>.h

    I cannot grep bd_info in any file in asm directory which link to asm-arm
directory
    I use the linux-2.4.19.tar.gz and patch the
patch-2.4.19-rmk6.gz,diff-2.4.19-rmk6-pxa1.gz,
    I can build a zImage and then convert it to uImage that can boot by
armboot-1.1.0.
    what should I check?

> This is the most likely cause of the reset/hang after displaying
> "Uncompressing Kernel Image ..."
>
> The other possibility is that the memory configuration is incorrect.
Again,
> you should examine
> u-boot/include/configs/<your-board>.h and make sure the information in
here
> looks correct for your board.

    I think it is right,
    But the CFG_LOAD_ADDR is 0xa8000000,should I change my uImage's load
address?

> It took me 7 days to get u-boot working correctly on my PPC board so
please
> don't quit up after two days.

    thanks for your encourage, I will hold on until I am really crazy. ^-^