[U-Boot-Users] F.A.O Rune Torgersen or any MPC8266ADS-PCI u-b oot users

Scott McNutt ScottM at Orbacom.com
Tue Aug 5 20:41:56 CEST 2003

Ciaran,

The stock u-boot-0.4.0 release tarball works just fine for me
with the following changes. Mileage may vary based on your
configuration ... but here's the only changes I made for mine:

In include/configs/MPC8266ADS.h:
Change CFG_FLASH_BASE to 0xFF800000
Change FLASH_BASE to 0xFF800000

In board/mpc8266ads/config.mk:
Change TEXT_BASE to 0xFFF00000

If SDRAM initialization gives you trouble ...
In board/mpc8266ads/mpc8266ads.c:
Change CONFIG_PBI to 0

Set your switches to:

SW1: All on
SW2: All on
SW3: 1-on 2-on 3-off 4-off
SW4: 1-on 2-off 3-on 4-off 5-on 6-on 7-on 8-off

You'll have to rtfm if you don't want to use the BCSR as the
HRCW source or if you want to monkey with the PCI
clocking options ;-)

BTW: PCI worked just fine with several different NICs.

Slan,
--Scott