[U-Boot-Users] Flash organization

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 6 00:32:31 CEST 2003

In message <20030805220520.GA8050 at buici.com> you wrote:
> The boot flash on the KEV7A400 has two sizes of blocks.  The first
> 64KiB is in 8KiB blocks.  The rest (63 blocks) are each 64KiB.  Will
> u-boot write memory correctly if I put these blocks into two banks?

A "bank" is the logical term for what memory is addressable using the
same chip select signals. So in your case  ther  eis  obviously  just
*ONE* bank of flash memory.

There is absolutely no problem when the erase units within a bank  of
flash  memory  have different sizes. Of course your flash driver will
have to fill in the flash_info struct correctly.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Quote from the Boss after overriding the decision of a task force  he
created  to  find  a  solution:  "I'm  sorry  if  I ever gave you the
impression your input would have any effect on my  decision  for  the
outcome of this project!"