[U-Boot-Users] what is wrong when calloc return bogus?

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Fri Aug 15 20:11:56 CEST 2003

The heap area is not being setup properly.  It appears that all of the ARM
boards cpu.c and start.S were from the same root. In cpu.c _armboot_real_end
is set up such that the malloc init in lib_arm/board.c's should work... It
appears that the pxa's start.S diverged from the way the other ARMs did the
relocation and ended up breaking this aspect of the init.

So, the PXA and could change to be like the other ARM boards or ... I recall
that part of a patch to board.c someone posted should result in this working
for PXA.  Having malloc work is important beyond getting the device_init
structure up and running.  Either should fairly straight forward to do.

Regards,

Richard W.