[U-Boot-Users] Re:ELDK + MPC5200

Victor Wren vwren at timension.com
Mon Dec 1 22:34:52 CET 2003

Sorry if this is a dumb newbie question.  I'm trying to compile the 2.4.4
kernel that came with ELDK under RH9 using "ppc_82xx-make uImage".  It gets
up to drivers/char/flash.c and dies at the "bd_t bd* =(bd_t *)__res"
declaration, with an "bd_t undeclared" error.

I went looking for where bd_t is declared, and while some of the header files
do declare bd_t, it doesn't seem to be any of the ones in linux/ or asm/ that
are included by flash.c (or chained by header files that are included).

My u-boot files are not in the same directory tree as ELDK.  Could that cause
a problem?  ELDK directories are in my path, and
$CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_82xx-

I notice there doesn't seem to be a default config in the linux tree for the
IceCube.  Are there any special linux config options to be aware of?

Thanks,
Victor Wren

Victor Wren
Designer,
Timension Inc.
1350 C Pear Ave
Mountain View CA 94043
(650) 564-9397
Fax: (650) 564-9398
Opinions stated in this letter are not necessarily
those of Timension Inc. or the management.  All
Rights Reserved.  No spitting.